Kingdom Service (Get Involved)
Here at EWG, there is a place for everyone. We have many opportunities for every person to minister and in turn, be ministered to. Take the time to explore the different ministry opportunities and take the time to serve and get involved. There are many benefits of kingdom service and the word of God validates this in Exodus 23:25, “you shall serve the Lord your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee”.
One of the most rewarding things you can do is be of service to others. It does not only help others but it also helps you. Amongst other things, it gives you self-confidence and more importantly, great joy. So take the time to pray about where God wants you to serve and get plugged in. Remember,“…it is more blessed to give than to receive” (Acts 20:35). As you give your time, and services, God’s blessings will never elude you and your household in Jesus name.
We use the instrumentality of music to proclaim the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. The choir meets on Wednesdays @ 6pm – 7pm and on Saturdays @ 10am – 2pm to rehearse. You can come
HOSPITALITY SERVICE (USHERS)
- Gives the victorious Embassy Family a warm welcome to worshippers at entrance/gate and assists worshippers who may need help to their seats
- They work with other service groups to identify those responding to the altar call and direct them to the appropriate service group
- They provide adequate Christian cares to worshippers during services and meetings
- They manifest the love of Christ to all worshippers
- Routine protocol duties within the Church premises during services and meetings
- Manning the church entrance, main sanctuary and Pastor’s office
- Provision of information and organization of counseling schedules on service days.
- Identifying visiting ministers, VIPs, church guests, special guests and attending to them appropriately Compiling an invitation of guests in special programmes
- Procurement and processing of travel documents of guests
- Transportation and accommodation arrangements for guests
- Logistics and formalities during special meetings
The media team in EWG is made up of skilled and trained media personnel who are responsible for our graphics, T.V outreach programs, film editing and all forms of electronic and print media
- Welcomes worshippers and directs them to their respective seats
- Assist in whatever capacity to ensure that they are comfortable and that their needs are met during the service e.g. directions to the toilet, assistance to nursing mothers e.t.c.
- Maintaining order during meetings and services
- Removal or minimizing distractions such as crying babies or ringing mobile phones during service
- Co-ordinate flow/direction of people during ministrations and specialized services
- Liaise with other departments in inter related activities
- Ours is a colourful, energetic, entertaining and dynamic ministry focused on teaching the word of faith to children from age 3years to 11 years. The aim our Children’s Church ministry is to
- Help the children to understand the word of faith.
- Help the children to develop their identity in Christ.
- Encourage the children develop an understanding of God’s Purpose and plan for their lives.
- Help the children to discover and use the gifts (spiritual, physical and mental) that God has deposited in them.
- Providing learning in a fun-filled, child-centered, Christ dominated environment.
- We encourage our parents to provide their children with notebooks, writing materials and Bibles.
Ensure that the main sanctuary, church offices, and the general surrounding of the place of worship are kept clean and orderly at all times
We also ensure that our social facilities (toilets) are clean, presentable and necessary facilities are available at all times
Arrangement of sanctuary and other areas to meet the needs of our various types of services
“…… Go ye therefore , into all the world and make disciples of all nations..” Matthew 28:19
The mission department of evangelism unit exists to carry out the comprehensive vision listed below and of which you can become involved.
- Preaching and teaching the word of God with the utilization of tracts to win souls in the community.
- Visiting hospitals to pray for the sick and minister salvation to them.
- Meeting to pray for Members, Converts, Outreaches and the Church.
- Organizing occasional Mass Evangelism for the Church.
- Occasional workshops on personal Evangelism and discipleship.
- Follow-up on souls won in the street outreaches.
The great commission mandate is versatile and cannot be fully enumerated, however the vision enfolds as the spirit of God commands and leads us in the unit
The Follow up team assist the first timers by giving information about the Church and our meetings and helping them know that they are appreciated and most welcome
They also keep the “back door” firmly shut – making sure that those who have decided to join the Embassy family don’t slip out through the back door through lack of information or regular visits. They agree with our First Timers in prayers on burning issues of their lives
They counsel and if need be, recommend for further counseling with the Pastor
They also recommend other activities such as Believers Foundation Class and Spirit Life Bible Institute (SLBI) to further strengthen their faith